When it comes to the health of your smile, Galleria of Smiles is here for you. With regular dental cleanings and dental exams, our highly qualified dentists (Dr. Justin and Dr. Mehrdad Emami) will spot danger areas, and get you the dental treatment you need.
We are also able to prevent dental issues from occurring by thoroughly cleaning your teeth, and making sure no spot on your tooth goes uncleaned. Preventing a dental problem is always better than trying to treat one after it has started.
Call Galleria of Smiles today to schedule your appointment. You can reach our Tulsa office at 918-999-0142, or our Sand Springs dental office at 918-999-0145.
Regular dental cleanings and exams are great for the health of your smile, but they only happen twice a year. What are you supposed to do the rest of the time? One way you can safeguard your smile is through simply adopting a diet that contains foods that benefit your oral health.
Your diet has a dramatic impact on your teeth and can be the difference between a great smile, and one that needs help. Let Galleria of Smile help you find the kind of foods you should be eating to keep you smile as healthy as it should be.
How Food Helps Your Teeth
Food is able to help your teeth in a few ways. The first is from the inside by providing you with the nutrients you need for a bright healthy smile. The second is from the outside by stimulating the salivary glands in your mouth, cleaning your teeth as you eat, or even getting rid of dangerous bacteria. Below you will find a few foods that do these things for your teeth.
5 Foods That Help Your Dental Health
• Yogurt – Yogurt is one of the foods that helps your smile from both the inside and outside. As a dairy product, yogurt is a great source of protein and calcium (two big building blocks for healthy teeth). The outside benefit comes in the form of the probiotics (good digestive bacteria) that yogurt contains. This good bacteria actually crowds out the disease causing bacteria in your mouth, which is a wonderful benefit for your gum health. The healthier your gums are, the better off your teeth will be. Try to stick with plain yogurt that does not contain any added sugar to get the most dental health benefit from this food.
• Celery – While not the tastiest food, celery is wonderful for your teeth. The watery nature of the food washes the surface of your teeth and removes the harmful plaque and bacteria. The strings that celery has as you eat also help clean the hard to reach areas of your teeth.
Celery contains two beneficial antioxidants (vitamin A & C) that give your gum health a real boost. If you want to incorporate celery into your diet, but would like to make it a little tastier, trying dipping it into some cream cheese (another dairy product that is good for your teeth).
• Cheese – Dairy products are a popular choice when it comes to helping you maintain a healthy smile. The concentration of protein and calcium are huge benefits for your teeth. Cheese is great for this reason and some others as well.
There is evidence that suggests the way you eat cheese increases saliva production (keeps your teeth bacteria free), and can also raise the pH levels in your mouth to ward off tooth decay.
• Apples – The texture of apples acts almost like a toothbrush and scrapes the plaque and tartar from the surface of your teeth. They are packed with vitamin C and a wonderful snack during your day to keep your teeth clean and your smile bright.
• Almonds – Not a fan of dairy products? Get your protein and calcium from almonds. Almonds are great for your teeth and contain little to no sugar (no fuel for the bacteria around your gums). You can put them on cereal, oatmeal, salads, or on baked chicken. These are only a few of the ways you can get this beneficial into your diet in an easy and tasty way.
Let Galleria of Smiles Help You Keep a Healthy Smile
Dr. Justin and Dr. Mehrdad Emami are dedicated to having the patients of our practice live life with healthy smiles. We have two locations to make sure that you can get the dental care you need when you need it. Call our Tulsa dental office at 918-999-0142. Our Sand Springs location can be reached at 918-999-0145. Call and schedule your appointment today.