Galleria of Smiles has been thinking about how much things have changed in the world of dentistry since today’s grandparents were growing kids themselves. Grandparents today are often very involved in the daily lives of their grandchildren—they may live close by, provide financial assistance, or assume childcare responsibilities for working parents. Since oral hygiene and dietary habits are established in childhood, it’s important that grandparents’ dental education is on point.
There are a lot of basic facts that grandparents may or may not know about dentistry, such as:
- Definitions of dental terms
- The availability of specialized toothbrushes and toothpaste for kids
- Sending kids to bed with juice, milk, or formula in their bottles can contribute to tooth decay
- That oral health is systemically linked to overall health
- The important role of baby teeth in future dental development
- The advantages that fluoride treatments and dental sealants may provide
- The capabilities of modern technology in dental diagnoses and treatments
If your child’s grandparents are part of your family’s daily routine and you think they could use a refresher on their dental knowledge, contact us at Galleria of Smiles and bring the whole family to your next appointment—we’d love to meet all of you!
The content of this blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of qualified health providers with questions you may have regarding medical conditions.