Galleria of Smiles takes great pride in helping our patients develop healthy smiles. Starting with the regular dental cleanings and exams that we offer to the fluoride treatments, fluoride varnishes, and dental sealants that are available, our dental staff will do whatever you need us to do in order to give you the healthy teeth you need.
Trust your smile to the father and son dental team at Galleria of Smiles today. Call either of our two dental offices in the greater Tulsa, OK area. Schedule your appointment at our Tulsa location by calling 918-302-2401 or contact our Salt Springs office by calling 918-245-5976.
While the care you receive from Galleria of Smiles is critical to the overall health of your smile, there is another component that is just as important. That component is your home dental hygiene habits and behaviors that have an impact on the health of your smile. Galleria of Smiles wants to help you develop a lifestyle that benefits your oral health, and helps prevent dental issues from occurring in your smile.
5 Ways to Keep Your Smile Great
Your healthy smile is impacted by your choices. Here are five things that you can do to give your smile the best chance to be healthy and problem free for the long term.
- Brush Your Teeth Twice a Day – This is something that we have all been told from the first time we were in the dental office. While many things in the world of dentistry has changed, this has not. Dr’s Justin and Mehrdad Emami have treated countless patients and one of the most helpful things they have found that you can do for the health of your smile is to be sure to brush your teeth in the morning and in the evening. This keeps your teeth clear of the problem causing bacteria, and helps your smile stay bright and beautiful. Call Galleria of Smiles today to schedule the rest of your dental care to go with your daily brushings.
- Use Mouthwash Regularly – Gum disease is prevalent in our society with over 50% of the adults in our country suffering from it in some form or another. Mouthwash can help with that. While you can never neglect your regular dental cleanings and exams from Galleria of Smiles, regularly using mouthwash may help you avoid the issues that come with gum disease. Mouthwash is able to get down around your gumline and clear out the bacteria, and help keep your chances of developing gingivitis low.
- Quit Using Tobacco – While this is not a dental habit, tobacco use can destroy your smile. Besides the negative effects it has on your mouth (yellowing teeth, gum recession, gum disease, bad breath, etc.) it can cause oral cancer. Cancer is not something that you can afford to play with. If you knew that you could avoid a life-threatening condition by simply cutting out a substance that costs you $4 to $5 each time you buy it, you would probably think it was an easy decision. The only problem is the addictive nature of tobacco. For tips on how to quit using tobacco before it claims your smile, or even your life, check out this blog from your friends at Galleria of Smiles.
- Eat an Apple Everyday – Apples are a great way to keep your teeth clean throughout the day. The texture of the fruit, combined with the way you eat them, actually washes the plaque, tartar, and harmful bacteria away from the surface of your teeth. While in no way a substitute for an actual brushing, this is an easy, fast, and tasty way to keep your smile bright. For other foods that can help benefit your oral health take a look at our blog about a dental-friendly diet.
- Cut Soda Out of Your Diet – While soda might taste good, it does nothing good for you teeth. These carbonated beverages are a one way ticket to cavity city, especially if you are not brushing your teeth after drinking one. The sugar content alone is outrageous, and then you have to deal the assorted acids that are present and tearing away at your tooth enamel. Avoiding soda altogether is your best bet when it comes to helping your smile, and maintaining healthy teeth. Find other foods that are harmful to your dental health here.
Galleria of Smiles is here to help you have a healthy mouth and a great looking smile. Call either out Tulsa office at (918) 496-8010, or our Sand Springs office at (918) 245-5976 today to schedule your dental appointment.