Want A Straight Smile? Know Your Orthodontic Options
A great looking smile doesn’t just happen. It takes a solid home dental hygiene routine, great professional dental hygiene care, and a bit of luck. There are three factors that make up a great smile. Those factors are as follows:
- White Teeth – Your teeth are white when they come in as a child, and they are supposed to stay that color for the duration of their time as part of your smile. Everyday life seems to be set up to attack this natural order at every turn. From coffee to different foods that stain your teeth, Galleria of Smile can help you regain the white look to your smile.
- Proper Gum to Tooth Balance – The other color that is supposed to be present in your smile, besides the white of your teeth, is the pink of your gums. The important part is that there is the correct balance between them. Dr. Emami can help you correct a smile that may have too much of either.
- Straight Teeth – The last trait that makes up a great smile is straight teeth. For some people, this happens naturally, but for others, they need some help. Orthodontic treatment from Galleria of Smiles is how you can correct any straightness issues you may have with your smile.
Navigating the world of orthodontic options can be hard. Here is a guide to understanding what each option offers, and how it can help you correct your smile.
Orthodontic Options and Process
Galleria of Smiles is able to help you in a variety of ways. Here are the available orthodontic treatments that we can use to help you make your smile into what you want it to be.
- Traditional Braces – The well-known orthodontic fix, traditional braces are the go-to method to fix many different kinds of oral alignment issues. Metal brackets are fixed to the front of your teeth, and then a wire is run from bracket to bracket. Dr. Emami has helped many patients transform their smiles with the help of traditional braces. This type of orthodontic treatment normally takes between two and three years to complete.
- Incognito Braces – If you are looking for a less noticeable way to correct your alignment problem, incognito braces from Galleria of Smiles can help you. This solution still employs brackets and wires, but instead of bonding to the front of your teeth, these are placed on the backside of your teeth.
- This allows you to correct your smile alignment without affecting the current appearance of your teeth. While these are less noticeable to the world around you, the treatment time is comparable to the time it takes traditional braces to work.
- Invisalign – For those busy adults that cannot afford any type of visible sign that they are straightening their smile, Invisalign dental alignment is the answer. This kind of orthodontic treatment is able to do what traditional braces do, but without any kind of evidence to those around you. The aligner trays are made of smooth, clear plastic.
This means they are more comfortable than the traditional treatment methods. No sharp metal edges to injure your lips. No metal brackets affecting the look of your smile while you are undergoing treatment.
There is also a level of convenience that you do not find with the more traditional treatment methods. The dental aligners are removable. This means that you do not have to change the way you brush your teeth each morning. You also will not have to change your diet at all. Keep eating all of the foods you love. Just make sure that you are wearing your dental alignment trays for at least 22 hours per day.
Another added benefit is the length of treatment time. Traditional braces take between two and three years, but Invisalign can correct your smile in as little as 12 months. That’s right, your new smile can be a reality in less than half the time with Invisalign.
Talk to Dr. Emami about which treatment will help you. There are some instances where Invisalign may not be an effective treatment. The same is true of incognito braces as well.
For moderate to severe dental alignment issues, you may need to have traditional braces. Also, patients under the age of 17 may not be candidates for Invisalign treatment. Today is the right day to start down the road towards a better smile.
Call either one of our area locations to schedule your consultation.